Let's do it

Developer
Jun 3, 2009 at 11:44 AM
Edited Jun 3, 2009 at 11:45 AM

Hello, I've watched today the video about the new Google Wave. I think we should catch the wave and create a .net equivalent ... so Let's get started ...

I believe a nice Silverlight App will do great for the Client Library of the Wave. I will be studying the protocol and othe docs to get a hint on building the Server part ... anyone there interested ... join us and let's build before google releases it to public ... :)

Jun 11, 2009 at 4:01 PM

Google Wave is great. I'm reading up their doc as well.

How is a project on CodePlex normally organized?

Aug 12, 2009 at 3:40 PM

I am interested as well. Ive been looking over the concept and my wave account just got created. I am still a little confused on the wave concept although I did watch the 1 1/2 video. Ill play with writing some code for a basic client in the mean time. I have never participated in a project on codeplex so any education on that would definitely be a major contribution! :)

Developer
Aug 13, 2009 at 8:30 AM
Hello
I got my account soon too. I'm also new at codeplex ... but we'll manage to make it through .. say in touch

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jalal el SHAER
CCE, MCP
Software Solution Architect

To: [email removed]
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 08:40:51 -0700
Subject: Re: Let's do it [wave:58308]

I am interested as well. Ive been looking over the concept and my wave account just got created. I am still a little confused on the wave concept although I did watch the 1 1/2 video. Ill play with writing some code for a basic client in the mean time. I have never participated in a project on codeplex so any education on that would definitely be a major contribution! :)

What can you do with the new Windows Live? Find out
Coordinator
Aug 15, 2009 at 9:01 AM

Don't worry guys. I have experience managing projects in Codeplex. Feel free to ask me any questions.

Aug 22, 2009 at 11:58 PM

What is your plan to implement API for .NET?

I read Google documentation for Java, and I think that is not too complicated to clone this API in .NET.

Coordinator
Aug 27, 2009 at 5:27 AM

We are going to have two separate projects.

robot API and wave federation protocol API

The robot API is just a straight port from JAVA, it shouldn't be too complicated.

I have already started working on a .NET implementation of the wave federation protocol.

Let me know which project you guys are interested in.

Aug 29, 2009 at 11:47 PM

I am interesting in federation protocol API.

What is a robot API?

Coordinator
Aug 31, 2009 at 12:39 AM

http://code.google.com/apis/wave/extensions/robots/

Sep 3, 2009 at 6:06 PM

OK, when do you start with implementation?

How could I contribute to project?

Coordinator
Sep 4, 2009 at 3:03 AM

I'm working on the federation protocol .net implementation right now and will post the project once it's functional. (alpha version)

If anyone is interested in working on the Robot API. Please reply here.

Sep 8, 2009 at 3:06 PM

Could you provide me link to Google's Federation Protocol API?

I couldn't find source code for package com.google.wave.api.* and other sub packages?

Developer
Sep 30, 2009 at 2:52 PM

Hi everyone.

I'm interested in working on the Robot API.

Unfortunately I don't have a Google Wave account, but I can see what I can contribute with from looking at the docs.

Regards,
Ask Stenum

Oct 1, 2009 at 2:45 PM

I would like to help test/implement bits. I watched the video, but know little beyond that. I don't have an invite for Wave yet. I am looking to provide Wave like interactivity on an a website i am developing.

Coordinator
Oct 2, 2009 at 6:31 AM

Let's divide the project into two teams: Robot API and Federation Protocol API.

I'll be leading the Federation Protocol API team.

Developer
Oct 2, 2009 at 9:14 AM

I can take the leading of the Robot API.

Coordinator
Oct 2, 2009 at 9:19 AM

@Ask message me your email. I'll get you a google wave invite.

Developer
Oct 2, 2009 at 3:08 PM

So ... everyone looks excited ... when sowavy will put us in the team ? You have to join us in the project team ... in order to get work and other stuff shared ...

Developer
Oct 5, 2009 at 8:24 AM

@sowavy

Did you get my pm?

Coordinator
Oct 7, 2009 at 3:23 AM

yes i did. sending you the invite

Oct 7, 2009 at 9:37 PM

Hello Team,

I would be interested. I am reading up their doc.
but unfortunately, I don't have a wave invite yet.

Thanks,
SK Pagadala 

Oct 11, 2009 at 9:41 AM

@Soawy: Could you send me the invite?

My email is atisha34@yahoo.com

Oct 13, 2009 at 10:00 PM

Will the Wave .Net port also involves the implementation of a XMPP server, used for the communication? Or are you using an existing one?

Developer
Oct 14, 2009 at 10:52 PM

I am interested on working on building a Wave Server, i have been thinking about doing it for the last few weeks, might be a good idea to base it on WCF, which will require a fair bit of initial work to get basic XMPP working on it (unless a exisiting solution exists) then it should be easily extendable.

Developer
Oct 15, 2009 at 9:15 PM

I've also been looking at the sample code on google code, and I think the base should be fairly easy to port to .NET. Has anybody already started implementing these basics like Wavelets, Blips, etc?

Developer
Oct 15, 2009 at 10:24 PM

I have been looking at it aswell, and i think before we need to decide on the architecture (WCF or otherwise, etc etc) once and only once we have the basics in place is it worth implementing bits like Wavelets, Blips etc, because how one implements them can vary greatly with the architecture in use.

Developer
Oct 16, 2009 at 9:27 AM

Yes, I agree with you, Lloydsparkes. I also think that architectural decisions should be made first, but I am also curious to what has happened already with this project. Like I said before I don't see a lot of activity yet. That's why I was asking if someone has already started with some form of implementation.

I'm not sure how such projects usualy work through codeplex, (or any open source initiative for that matter). But it seems logical to me to at one point have a discussion on what that architecture should look like. I'm curious how everyone else thinks about this.

Oct 16, 2009 at 2:38 PM
I havent logged in recently, is wave.net going into the google wave preview or the sandbox? (is there a difference?) I am currently logged into the sandbox but not sure about wave.google.com.